Simple SEO Tips for New Bloggers
Many of you who blog to promote your businesses already know that your blogs should be search engine optimized. As part of a content marketing strategy, blogs are just another content type that can be used to get the word out, generate buzz and demonstrate your authority. So, if you want people to find them, you need help from the search engines. Want to learn more? visit site.
However, the rules of SEO have changed over the years, in response to the increasing sophistication of search engines and the growing demand of Internet users for high-quality content that answers their needs. This means no more keyword-stuffed fluff and salesy verbiage. It also means that when you write your blogs, you need to be aware of the changing nature of SEO, and stay up-to-date with the latest wisdom.
Here are 5 tips for optimizing your blogs for better search engine rankings:
1. Research keywords- Target your market by researching the best keywords for your business (obvious, yes). But, when you’re done choosing your primary keywords, make sure to create a list of related, secondary terms that will help search engines index your blogs properly. For example, a pet groomer might want “pet grooming” as a primary keyword, and words such as “dog”, “cat”, “paws’ and “claws” as secondary words, to be scattered throughout the content.
These secondary keywords usually occur naturally in your text, but it’s a good idea to make a mental list first, then check to make sure you’ve incorporated them into your content. Without secondary keywords, your content runs the risk of being indexed improperly.
2. Choose a good title- There are varying opinions regarding what kind of title is best for SEO purposes. Some feel that a clever, catchy title grabs more attention, while others like to stick to strictly SEO optimized titles-ones that include the keyword but can be dull. The ideal solution is, of course, to combine both concepts. The best blog titles are both attention-grabbing and optimized.
Titles are important to the search engines, so spend some time on them. Interesting titles, and ones that are SEO-friendly, are not mutually exclusive!
3. Post regularly- Many people still don’t recognize that search engines reward sites that produce fresh, updated content. The nature of blogging lends itself to this, but if you think that posting one blog every couple of weeks is going to help you rank, you may be disappointed with your results. Yes, blogging takes time and maintenance. Many businesses assign the company blog to an employee or group of employees who can continuously product new material. Others outsource their blogs to professional copywriters.
Whoever is responsible for your company blog, they should be aware that the more often a blog is updated with new content, the more often the search engines will come around to index you. Each blog is another opportunity for you to rank for your keywords, and fresh content also tells search engines that your site is active and interested in staying up-to-date, so make sure to keep up with it.
4. Generate links- Links are the way that websites communicate, and the easiest way for search engine algorithms to judge the value of a site. So, link building is a crucial part of any online marketing strategy. How do you get high-quality “authority sites” to link to you? The answer is simple– create interesting, useful and thought-provoking content (see below).
Linking is a two-way street, so link to other good sites often. While this may seem counterproductive to your own marketing efforts, it actually helps establish your authority because it not only boosts your blogs’ SEO power, it also shows that you are up on the latest news and topics written by other bloggers in your industry and willing to share what you know with your readers. Also, it’s crucial that you set up an RSS feed for your blogs, so readers can subscribe and share your posts more easily.
5. Offer value- In other words, write great content! All the SEO tips in the world won’t help you if your content is not helpful to your readers. It takes time, but when you keep producing quality blog posts that address your readers’ needs and concerns, offer tips and solutions to their problems and demonstrate your knowledge and authority, you will rank naturally, through such outlets as social media sharing, RSS recommendations, back links and bookmarking.